Mission Statement:

To perform, produce, and teach music at an internationally competitive level

IPA is the only music studio in Hong Kong whose founders have active careers teaching, performing, directing, and producing music on three continents. It is also the only music studio in Hong Kong whose teachers both possess terminal degrees in voice. Dr. Gordon holds a doctor of musical arts degree from Arizona State University and Michelle Lange is ABD from Mississippi State University.

Despite all of this, IPA is a small, family studio. We invite you to be part of our family.

Voice Lessons and Music Style

Both Dr. Gordon and Mrs. Lange have extensively studied the differences (and similarities!) in singing classical, belt, and pop music. Indeed, Mrs. Lange spent two years working with one of the leading scholars on belt in pop and music theater. Both of our teachers also enjoy successful careers in opera. As such, we are comfortable teaching in all styles of voice. Currently about 80% of our students study some style of pop music, while the remaining 20% study classical or music theater styles.

The takeaway? We want you to sing what makes you happy, and we're going to help you find the healthiest way to do that!


Performances, Concerts, and Corporate Gigs

Dr. Gordon and Mrs. Lange perform regularly in Hong Kong and abroad. For more information, feel free to check out their personal webpages or contact us for a quote or more information